1. The Synod 2016 Popular Report written by Matthew Kieswetter which summarizes the events of 175th Synod held in London, Ontario, May 15-17, 2016 is now posted: http://news.diohuron.org/2016/05/synod-2016-popular-report-matthew.html
2. We are forwarding you the link (YouTube) with Bishop Saulo’s (The Diocese of Amazonia) greetings to the participants of the Synod 2016. Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties it was not possible to open it and present it during the Synod. We are using this opportunity to share Bishop Saulo’s message with you.
3. A Light in the Forest – Our Companion Diocese of Amazonia. Rev. Marcos Barros and his wife Lourdes Barros, the ‘missionaries’ from Amazonia are in Huron from May 11th to June 30th. They are here to share the Good News of Jesus Christ as experienced by Anglicans in Brazil. Please welcome them. Pray for their safety, and that their time here may be fruitful for them and for us.
4. The Lutheran Anglican Roman Catholic (LARC) Interchurch Committee invites you to attend a Day of Study on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at St. John’s Anglican Church in Ancaster. Doors open at 9:30 with program from 10:00 to 3:00 including lunch. In acknowledgement of the 15th anniversary of full communion between the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada and the Anglican Church of Canada this year, and in anticipation of the 500th Anniversary the Reformation next year, we will address the question “What does it mean to commemorate such occasions?” Speakers from our three traditions will present input as a panel and there will be time for table discussion in small groups. Cost for the day, including lunch, is $25. Please register by May 18th by contacting The Rev. Stephen Berryman at firstname.lastname@example.org so we know how many to expect for lunch.
5. Cursillo – A Spanish word which means "a short course" – that is a short course in Christianity. A Cursillo Weekend is time invested in 3 days apart to deepen your personal walk with Christ. The next weekend will be heldThursday May 26 at 7p.m. - Sunday May 29th 4 p.m. Cost is $275 and includes all meals and accommodations. Registration is necessary. Email: email@example.com for more information.
6. “Building Stronger Relationships” – Prepare & Enrich Training, One-Day Seminar – Tuesday, May 31, St. Anne’s Church (Byron) 1344 Commissioners Road West, 9:00am-3:00pm. Enrich Canada certification training conducted by Dr. Peter Baldwin, Seminar Director, available for social workers, therapists, pastors and counsellors. Learn how to help engaged, married or cohabiting couples thrive. Prepare & Enrich seminars offer an exceptional opportunity for professionals to develop and hone their facilitation skills. Information: Peter C. Baldwin, 519.524.8168 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register: call Enrich Canada at 1.888.973.3650 or go to www.enrichcanada.ca
7. Clergy response to TRC Calls to Action - In response to the Primate’s recent charge, Anglican and Lutheran clergy from Huron and Niagara are invited to a spend a day together at the HM Royal Chapel of the Mohawk on Tuesday June 7. We meet at 9.30am for Eucharist. Phil Montour from Nations Uniting will address us on land rights and Treaty issues following worship. After lunch on site, there will be a guided tour of the museum and Mohawk Institute. The event is being partially sponsored by the Diocese of Huron. Donations welcome. Please register with Christine Pizzey at email@example.com or on 519.752.6451 and advise of any food allergies. Space is limited.
8. Deanery of Essex 4th Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Wednesday, June 22 at the Seven Lakes Championship Course (7200 Disputed Road, Windsor, ON) with dinner at St. Mary’s Church (1983 St. Mary’s Gate, Windsor, ON) Please register by June 15thby contacting: Derrick Foster (519-946-3079) or Jane Crosby (519-979-4431); also for further information about cost, etc. Dinner only is available. Shot gun starts @ 8:30 am sharp. Hole sponsorship is available!!
9. We are excited that The Diocese of Huron is Co-Hosting with our Lutheran Friends The National Worship Conference. The theme this year is Formation & Reformation: Worship, Justice, and God's Mission. This conference will be held from July 24-27 at Laurier in Waterloo. Join our Primate Fred Hiltz and Lutheran National Bishop Susan Johnson for a tremendous opportunity to explore worship and issues of justice. Please visit the webpage and register early http://www.
nationalworshipconference.org NOTE: This qualifies as Continuing Education.