The Bishop’s Announcements for Monday, May 16th, 2016:
1. 175th Synod Meeting begins at the London Convention Centre today through Tuesday, May 17th – see you there!
2. Bishop Bob Bennett has accepted the wish of the Rev’d Victoria Edgeworth-Pitcher to retire, effective August 14th, 2016 with her last Sunday in the parish being June 26th. Vickie was ordained a deacon in the Diocese of Niagara on June 7, 1987 and priested on April 4, 1989. She came on the strength of the Diocese of Huron in 2006 as the Associate Pastor at St. Mark’s Brantford and Chaplain to Wilfred Laurier University, Brantford Campus though the ministry of Grace Church, Brantford. In September 2010, Vickie became the Incumbent of St. Thomas’, Cambridge, the position from which she retires. Vickie will be honoured with the other retirees at the Synod banquet.
3. The Bishop of Huron announces that the following will be ordained at a service of Ordination to be held on the Feast of the Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Elizabeth, Tuesday, May 31st at 7pm at the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul, London. Clergy are invited to vest, the colour being white.
Called to the priesthood:
- The Reverend Mary Farmer, upon priesting, the Rector of the Parish of Long Point Bay
- The Reverend Jason Postma, Assistant Curate to the Rector, Parish of Saugeen Shores (St. Paul’s, Southhampton and St. John’s, Port Elgin) with Christ Church, Tara and St.Paul’s, Chatsworth.
Called to the diaconate:
- Ms. Lorraine Brooks, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Pastoral Care, St. Paul’s, Stratford
- Mr. Shaun Eaton, upon ordination, Deacon-in-Charge of the Parish of the Holy Spirit (St. Paul’s Clinton and St. Thomas’, Seaforth)
- Mr. Matthew Kieswetter, upon ordination, Deacon Assistant to the Priest-in-Charge, St. John the Evangelist, Kitchener
- Mr. Mark Sceviour, upon ordination, Deacon Assistant to the Rector, St. Jude’s, London
- Dr. John Thompson, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Outreach, St. John the Evangelist, London
- Ms. Jean Woon, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Outreach, Trinity, Port Burwell and St. Luke’s, Vienna
More names may be added at a later date.