The Bishop’s Announcements for Monday, May 9th, 2016:
1. Now that Bishop Linda Nicholls is officially on the strength of the Diocese of Huron, please ensure that in the Prayers of the People, she should be referred to as Linda, our Bishop Coadjutor.
2. The opening worship service of Synod will take place on Sunday, May 15th at the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul @ 7pm. Clergy are invited to vest the colour being RED. It is asked that all clergy be vested by 6:30pm.
3. Bishop Bob Bennett appoints Mr. Shaun Eaton as Deacon-in-Charge of the Parish of the Holy Spirit (St. Paul’s, Clinton and St. Thomas’, Seaforth) effective June 1, 2016. Shaun will be ordained a deacon at the May 31st Ordination service at St. Paul’s Cathedral.
4. The Bishop of Huron announces that the following will be ordained at a service of Ordination to be held on the Feast of the Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Elizabeth, Tuesday, May 31st at 7pm at the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul, London. Clergy are invited to vest, the colour being white.
Called to the priesthood:
- The Reverend Mary Farmer, upon priesting, the Rector of the Parish of Long Point Bay
- The Reverend Jason Postma, Assistant Curate to the Rector, Parish of Saugeen Shores (St. Paul’s, Southhampton and St. John’s, Port Elgin) with Christ Church, Tara and St.Paul’s, Chatsworth.
Called to the diaconate:
- Ms. Lorraine Brooks, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Pastoral Care, St. Paul’s, Stratford
- Mr. Shaun Eaton, upon ordination, Deacon-in-Charge of the Parish of the Holy Spirit (St. Paul’s Clinton and St. Thomas’, Seaforth)
- Mr. Matthew Kieswetter, upon ordination, Deacon Assistant to the Priest-in-Charge, St. John the Evangelist, Kitchener
- Mr. Mark Sceviour, upon ordination, Deacon Assistant to the Rector, St. Jude’s, London
- Dr. John Thompson, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Outreach, St. John the Evangelist, London
More names may be added at a later date.