The Bishop’s Announcements for Monday, May 30th, 2016:
1. On behalf of Right Rev'd Robert Bennett, The Venerable Peter Townshend will induct The Rev’d Marty Levesque as Rector of All Saints Anglican Church, Waterloo on June 12th at 4:00pm, guest preacher The Rev’d Kevin Dixon. Clergy are invited to vest, the colour of the day being red for the feast of St Barnabas the Apostle. A BBQ will follow. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-884-6600.
2. The Bishop of Huron announces that the following will be ordained at a service of Ordination to be held on the Feast of the Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Elizabeth, Tuesday, May 31st at 7pm at the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul, London. Clergy are invited to vest, the colour being white.
Called to the priesthood:
- The Reverend Mary Farmer, upon priesting, the Rector of the Parish of Long Point Bay
- The Reverend Jason Postma, Assistant Curate to the Rector, Parish of Saugeen Shores (St. Paul’s, Southhampton and St. John’s, Port Elgin) with Christ Church, Tara and St.Paul’s, Chatsworth.
Called to the diaconate:
- Ms. Lorraine Brooks, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Pastoral Care, St. Paul’s, Stratford
- Mr. Shaun Eaton, upon ordination, Deacon-in-Charge of the Parish of the Holy Spirit (St. Paul’s Clinton and St. Thomas’, Seaforth)
- Mr. Matthew Kieswetter, upon ordination, Deacon Assistant to the Priest-in-Charge, St. John the Evangelist, Kitchener
- Mr. Mark Sceviour, upon ordination, Deacon Assistant to the Rector, St. Jude’s, London
- Dr. John Thompson, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Outreach, St. John the Evangelist, London
- Ms. Jean Woon, upon ordination, Deacon with Special Responsibility for Outreach, Trinity, Port Burwell and St. Luke’s, Vienna