1. A Light in the Forest – Our Companion Diocese of Amazonia. Rev. Marcos Barros and his wife Lourdes Barros, the ‘missionaries’ from Amazonia are in Huron from May 11th to June 30th. They are here to share the Good News of Jesus Christ as experienced by Anglicans in Brazil. Please welcome them. Pray for their safety, and that their time here may be fruitful for them and for us.
2. Clergy response to TRC Calls to Action - In response to the Primate’s recent charge, Anglican and Lutheran clergy from Huron and Niagara are invited to a spend a day together at the HM Royal Chapel of the Mohawk on Tuesday June 7. We meet at 9.30 am for Eucharist. Phil Montour from Nations Uniting will address us on land rights and Treaty issues following worship. After lunch on site, there will be a guided tour of the museum and Mohawk Institute. The event is being partially sponsored by the Diocese of Huron. Donations welcome. Please register with Christine Pizzey at email@example.com or on 519.752.6451 and advise of any food allergies. Space is limited.
3. Climate Justice and Indigenous Allyship. A forum devoted to issues related to environmental stewardship and right relations with Indigenous communities. Running from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday, June 11, this event is organized by Divest Waterloo and co-sponsored by The Centre for Public Ethics at Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, Interfaith Grand River, Faith & the Common Good, Sacred Water Circle, and the Green Awakening Network. Tickets are $35 and include a meal, though 'pay what you can' tickets are also available. More details and registration information is available at http://www.kairoscanada.
4. Marian’s Retirement Open House. The Parish of Holy Trinity and St. Stephens Memorial invite you to the Open House honouring The Rev. Canon Marian Haggerty. June 11, 2016 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Holy Trinity Campus, 245 King Edward St. London. (In lieu of gifts, please consider a donation to our food bank).
5. The Bridge Builders – “An Action in Solidarity with the Indigenous Peoples of Canada”. (Document attached). As you will be aware, the Primate has asked that on June 21 or the Sunday closest, every Anglican parish have the opportunity to have read the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Since it is a large document, the Bridge Builders working group offers this instrument as a way to fulfill this request in a manageable yet meaningful way. It provides for a participatory reading that will take approximately 10 minutes. Please see the introductory notes at the beginning of the document.
6. Deanery of Essex 4th Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Wednesday, June 22 at the Seven Lakes Championship Course (7200 Disputed Road, Windsor, ON) with dinner at St. Mary’s Church (1983 St. Mary’s Gate, Windsor, ON) Please register by June 15th by contacting: Derrick Foster (519-946-3079) or Jane Crosby (519-979-4431); also for further information about cost, etc. Dinner only is available. Shot gun starts @ 8:30 am sharp. Hole sponsorship is available!!
7. Huron Church Camp Clean-up Day June 25th 10am onward – Come and help HCC get ready for a new summer season! Bring your rake or other yard tools. There is also work that needs to be done on some of the cabins. All welcome. Organized by the BAC (Brotherhood of Anglican Churchmen). Please send your RSVP (or any questions) to HuronBAC@gmail.com, so we can plan for lunch. For printable poster, click here: http://tinyurl.com/
8. We are excited that The Diocese of Huron is Co-Hosting with our Lutheran Friends The National Worship Conference. The theme this year is Formation & Reformation: Worship, Justice, and God's Mission. This conference will be held from July 24-27 at Laurier in Waterloo. Join our Primate Fred Hiltz and Lutheran National Bishop Susan Johnson for a tremendous opportunity to explore worship and issues of justice. Please visit the webpage and register early http://www.
nationalworshipconference.org NOTE: This qualifies as Continuing Education.
9. The 40th Anniversary of women to the priesthood will be celebrated on November 28th, 29th, and November 30th, for all priests. The celebration will be held in Stratford.Please mark your calendar for this event. More information will be coming out shortly. Facebook group is up: https://www.facebook.com/
10. 15 choir gowns available – blue and white – in good condition. Contact Grace Anglican Church, Brantford: 519.752.6814 ext. 21.
11. THE ORDINATION OF NEW PRIESTS AND DEACONS IN HURON – TEXT AND PHOTOS POSTED ON HURON CHURCH NEWS WEBSITE: http://hcn.diohuron.org/?p=