1. A Light in the Forest – Our Companion Diocese of Amazonia. Rev. Marcos Barros and his wife Lourdes Barros, the ‘missionaries’ from Amazonia are in Huron from May 11th to June 30th. They are here to share the Good News of Jesus Christ as experienced by Anglicans in Brazil. Please welcome them. Pray for their safety, and that their time here may be fruitful for them and for us.
2. Jazz Vespers at St. James, Stratford – Sunday, June 19 at 4 pm. Clergy and congregations interested in exploring this form of worship are cordially invited to St. James, Stratford, Sunday, June 19 at 4 pm. The featured musicians: The Brian Barlow Quintet. The one hour service includes a scripture reading, reflection, prayers, and a hymn together with an opportunity to hear five jazz selections from the band. A free-will offering is received.
3. The Bridge Builders – “An Action in Solidarity with the Indigenous Peoples of Canada”. As you will be aware, the Primate has asked that on June 21 or the Sunday closest, every Anglican parish have the opportunity to have read the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Since it is a large document, the Bridge Builders working group offers this instrument as a way to fulfill this request in a manageable yet meaningful way. It provides for a participatory reading that will take approximately 10 minutes. Click here to view the document.
4. A public reading of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People, Stratford, Monday June 20 at 7 pm, Upper Queen’s Park Bandshell (next to the Festival Theatre). Organized by St. James, Stratford, will include the wider Stratford community.
5. Deanery of Essex 4th Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Wednesday, June 22 at the Seven Lakes Championship Course (7200 Disputed Road, Windsor, ON) with dinner at St. Mary’s Church (1983 St. Mary’s Gate, Windsor, ON) Please register by June 15th by contacting: Derrick Foster (519-946-3079) or Jane Crosby (519-979-4431); also for further information about cost, etc. Dinner only is available. Shot gun starts @ 8:30 am sharp. Hole sponsorship is available!!
6. Huron Church Camp Clean-up Day June 25th 9am – 4pm, Rain or Shine! – Come and help HCC get ready for a new summer season! Bring your rake or other yard tools. Good news! This year our BAC, Brotherhood of Anglican Churchmen are organising a group work party as well! Please see our poster for more details and contact information: http://www.huronchurchcamp.ca/
RSVP by Thursday, June 23rd.
7. We are excited that The Diocese of Huron is Co-Hosting with our Lutheran Friends The National Worship Conference. The theme this year is Formation & Reformation: Worship, Justice, and God's Mission. This conference will be held from July 24-27 at Laurier in Waterloo. Join our Primate Fred Hiltz and Lutheran National Bishop Susan Johnson for a tremendous opportunity to explore worship and issues of justice. Please visit the webpage and register early http://www.
nationalworshipconference.org NOTE: This qualifies as Continuing Education.
8. The Diocese of Huron 2016 Golf Tournament – Saturday, September 17, Pine Knot Golf Court, Dorchester. All proceeds raised go to the Faith-In-Action Trust Fund for Outreach Ministry in Huron. Registration fee of $145 includes: 18 holes of golf with cart; lunch, dinner, photos, prizes & silent auction gifts and $25 tax receipt. This May we helped 17 charities with $11,000 from our event. For info on Sponsorship Opportunities contact: Paul Rathbone, 519.434.6893 ext. 240. To register contact: Rev. Daniel Bowyer, 519.301.9873 firstname.lastname@example.org
9. The 40th Anniversary of women to the priesthood will be celebrated on November 28th, 29th, and November 30th, for all women priests. The celebration will be held inStratford. Please mark your calendar for this event. More information will be coming out shortly. Facebook group is up: https://www.facebook.com/
10. MARK YOUR CALENDAR: NOVEMBER 26 – The Enthronement of Rt. Rev. Linda Nicholls as 13th Bishop of Huron. St. Paul’s Cathedral, London. More details to follow.
For your weekly update of the latest diocesan news visit: http://hcn.diohuron.org/ and http://www.diohuron.org/
- In appreciation of their ministry: BBQ Luncheon for retirees http://news.diohuron.org/2016/
06/in-appreciation-of-their- ministry-bbq.html http://hcn.diohuron.org/?p= 2118
- Spring Choir at St. James, Paris http://hcn.diohuron.org/?p=
- Confirmation service at All Saints, Waterloo http://hcn.diohuron.org/?p=
- Anglican and Lutheran clergy at the Mohawk Chapel http://hcn.diohuron.org/?p=
- Renew: Accessible Faith http://hcn.diohuron.org/?p=
2074 http://news.diohuron.org/ 2016/06/renew-accessible- faith.html