All Saints Waterloo is proud to present Rev. Matt "Elvis" Martin for one night only, Friday, September 23 at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $20 each, available in advance at All Saints Waterloo or by calling 519-884-6600 and reserving your ticket. All proceeds from the concert will go directly to www.gofundme.com/helpforerindance in support of Erin Dance's medical cost while she undergoes Leukemia treatment in Houston Texas. For more information please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/532610256940328/
What’s new at Renison:
- Physician Assisted Dying Workshop - September 24, 2016 at Renison University College, Waterloo. FREE! Offered in partnership with the Anglican Deanery of Waterloo. Registration required. A conversation with Rev. Canon Douglas Graydon, Coordinator of Chaplaincy Services, Diocese of Toronto; Member of the Faith, Worship, and Ministry Task Force on Physician Assisted Dying; Associate Priest, St. John's Anglican Church, West Toronto Check-in and refreshments begin at 9:30 am; Workshop runs from 10 am to noon; You are welcome to continue the conversation over lunch. For more information or to register see uwaterloo.ca/renison-ministry-centre/rimregistration or contact Marilyn Malton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-884-4404 x 28628
- Dealing with our Darknesses: A series of challenging Anglican-Muslim conversations about Transgression, Penitence, and Transformation
FREE! Offered with the generous support of the Anglican Foundation, tickets required for each event. Seeuwaterloo.can/renison/dealing with darkness
Opening Lecture with Bishop Mark MacDonald, National Indigenous Anglican Bishop and Dr. Ingrid Mattson, Chair of Islamic Studies, Huron University College, September 30, 2016, 7 pm, Theatre of the Arts, University of Waterloo. Followed by three guided, interfaith discussions on Sunday afternoons from 2 to 5 pm at Renison University College, Waterloo:
- Patriarchy and Gender Oppression, October 30
- Militancy and the Theological Exploitation of Religion for Violence, November 20
- Moving from Darkness to Light: Strategies and Stories of Resilience and Transformation, December 11
- Becoming the Story We Tell with Canon John Hill and Rev. Dr. Jay Koyle, Saturday November 12, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, at Renison University College, Waterloo, $25. Prepare for a transformative Lent and Eastertide in your life and congregation with resources and strategies for fostering congregational reflection on story and sacrament. For more information or to register seeuwaterloo.ca/renison-ministry-centre/rimregistration or contact Marilyn Malton at email@example.com or 519-884-4404 x 28628
- Courses – Three courses also begin this fall:
- Introduction to Theology with Rev. Dr. Patrick Patterson. Gain a deeper understanding of what Christians believe. Begins October 1.
- Spiritual Practice as Life-giving Pathway, with theologian, historian, and Renison's Principal, Rev. Dr. Wendy Fletcher. Travel through the centuries with spiritual teachers, beginning with St. Paul and the desert traditions, and consider ideas such as the spirituality of resistance. Imagine a rhythm of life-giving spiritual practices your own life. Begins October 15
- Old Testament with Rev. Victor Krueger-Kischak. Explore the major themes of the Hebrew Scriptures and their value for Christians. Begins October 22.