Please join us as we celebrate 110 years in our current location with activities leading up to our historic plaque unveiling!
Friday, Sept. 23: Evensong at 7 pm
Saturday, Sept. 24, 10 am – 4 pm: All Saints' historic display, book sale, bazaar, art display and sale of artists from London's L'arche community and All Saints' own Marlene Manzie.
Sunday, Sept. 25: BCP Eucharist at 8 am and BAS Eucharist at 10:30 with our plaque unveiling speeches from community leaders and the London Free Press at 12 noon with a light reception after, as well as an historic tour of the parish beginning at 1:30 pm.
What’s new at Renison:
1. Physician Assisted Dying Workshop - September 24, 2016 at Renison University College, Waterloo. FREE! Offered in partnership with the Anglican Deanery of Waterloo. Registration required. A conversation with Rev. Canon Douglas Graydon, Coordinator of Chaplaincy Services, Diocese of Toronto; Member of the Faith, Worship, and Ministry Task Force on Physician Assisted Dying; Associate Priest, St. John's Anglican Church, West Toronto Check-in and refreshments begin at 9:30 am; Workshop runs from 10 am to noon; You are welcome to continue the conversation over lunch. For more information or to register see uwaterloo.ca/renison-ministry-centre/rimregistration or contact Marilyn Malton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-884-4404 x 28628
2. Dealing with our Darknesses: A series of challenging Anglican-Muslim conversations about Transgression, Penitence, and Transformation
FREE! Offered with the generous support of the Anglican Foundation, tickets required for each event. See uwaterloo.can/renison/dealing with darkness
- Opening Lecture with Bishop Mark MacDonald, National Indigenous Anglican Bishop and Dr. Ingrid Mattson, Chair of Islamic Studies, Huron University College, September 30, 2016, 7 pm, Theatre of the Arts, University of Waterloo. Followed by three guided, interfaith discussions on Sunday afternoons from 2 to 5 pm at Renison University College, Waterloo:
- Patriarchy and Gender Oppression, October 30
- Militancy and the Theological Exploitation of Religion for Violence, November 20
- Moving from Darkness to Light: Strategies and Stories of Resilience and Transformation, December 11
4. Courses – Three courses also begin this fall.
- Introduction to Theology with Rev. Dr. Patrick Patterson. Gain a deeper understanding of what Christians believe. Begins October 1.
- Spiritual Practice as Life-giving Pathway, with theologian, historian, and Renison's Principal, Rev. Dr. Wendy Fletcher. Travel through the centuries with spiritual teachers, beginning with St. Paul and the desert traditions, and consider ideas such as the spirituality of resistance. Imagine a rhythm of life-giving spiritual practices your own life. Begins October 15
- Old Testament with Rev. Victor Krueger-Kischak. Explore the major themes of the Hebrew Scriptures and their value for Christians. Begins October 22.
See https://uwaterloo.ca/renison-ministry-centre/institute-ministry/certificate-courses for details or contact Marilyn Malton (email@example.com or 519-884-4404 x 28628)