2. St. George’s Anglican Church Owen Sound is looking for a Pastor of Family Ministry, Part Time. Please check the diocesan website: http://www.diohuron.org/what/HR/employment/2016/Family%20-%20Owen%20Sound.pdf or contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-376-3287 for a more complete job description.
3. “Reinventing the church” - St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church, 280 St. James St, London, ON, Tuesday, September 6 at 7 pm. Rev. Mark Whittal, author of “Reinvention: Stories from an Urban Church”, is the priest at St. Alban's Church in Ottawa. A few years ago he was sent into this almost dead historical church to re-invent and find the mission to which God is calling them there and now. Mark has been invited by our Membership Committee to join us to talk about his experiences. All are welcome.
4. St. Thomas Anglican Church, Owen Sound – On September 11 we celebrate 90 years in our current location (1331-4th Ave West). We are combining it with a 95th birthday celebration for Helen Fenton who was five years old at the time the congregation moved from the smaller church. She remembers the day! We are having a BCP 1918 service at 10:30, with pot luck lunch to follow.You are encouraged to dress in the costume of the day.
5. St. John’s Church, Otterville, 100th Anniversary Service – September 18 at 2:00pm. We invite all clergy in Oxford and Norfolk to dress and join us in our celebratory service at St. John’s, 23 Dover Street, Otterville.
6. All Saints' Church, London warmly invites you to attend the festivities of our"Celebration Weekend" September 23-25. Join us for all activities as we celebrate All Saints' being a presence in the Hamilton Rd. community for 110 years. We begin with Evensong on Friday, September 23 and follow with numerous activities onSaturday, September 24: an art display by local London artists and L' Arche London, historical display and walking tour of All Saints Parish as well as silent auction items. Sunday, Sept. 25 (following our 10:30 service): the unveiling of a historic plaque that has been donated by the London Historical Society.
7. “The Call” concert – St. Michael’s and All Angels Church, London, will be held on Sunday, September 25th at 7:00pm.
Come join the St. Michael and All Angels Choir and guests for a wonderful evening of music. Tickets: $10 adult, $5 child, and $25 family. Get your tickets before they are gone!
8. Please join us for our upcoming Anglican Fellowship of Prayer Fall Gathering at St Judes, London on October 1, from 10am to 3pm. Join us as we explore the idea that our different personalities affect our prayer preferences and experiences. Our day will consist of a general discussion on the characteristics of prayer, and a personality assessment, followed by several presentations. These will address how particular personality styles relate to both structured and extemporaneous prayer. As well our day will include the Eucharist, time for fellowship and book browsing. Snacks provided. Please bring a bag lunch. Freewill offering taken. To register please contact: Rev’d Kim Metelka: email@example.com; 2896 Old Lakeshore Road Bright's Grove, Ontario N0N 1C0; 519-869-2403 or text info to 519-464-8892.
A flyer for this event can also be found at: http://diohuron.org/what/liturgy_prayer/AFP/2016/Different%20Strokes%20-%20October%201%202016.pdf
9. Bishop’s Friends events for 2016
- Bishops’ Friends North with Bishop Bob Bennett and Bishop Linda Nicholls – October 6th at St. George’s church in Blue Mountains (Clarksburg). Contact Grayhame Bowcott at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchener Waterloo Bishop’s Friends – October 27th at Galt Country Club, Cambridge. Contact Jeff at email@example.com
- Bishop’s Friends London Area – November 9th at Sunningdale Golf and Country Club. Contact Bette Fergusonbaferg@sympatico.ca
- Essex Windsor Bishop’s Friends – December 7th at the Macedonia Centre. Contact Amanda Gellman firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Go Tell It on the Mountain, 7th Annual Festival of Biblical Storytelling, Friday October 14 and Saturday October 15, Church of St. John the Evangelist, 12 Carleton St. S., Thorold, ON (near Niagara Falls). The Festival is organized by The Network of Biblical Storytellers – Canada.
12. The 40th Anniversary of women to the priesthood will be celebrated on November 28th, 29th, and November 30th, for all women priests. The celebration will be held in Stratford. Please mark your calendar for this event. More information will be coming out shortly. Facebook group is up: https://www.facebook.com/ordinationofwomen/
13. MARK YOUR CALENDAR: NOVEMBER 26 – The Installation of Rt. Rev. Linda Nicholls as 13th Bishop of Huron. St. Paul’s Cathedral, London. More details to follow.